středa 14. března 2012

Krepsko: Křehké tango, Divadlo Archa, Praha

March 14, 2012

This show translates as "Tango for Three" and was a short, silent, contemporary pain in my ass. My initial reaction was to classify it in the genre of "Theatre that makes you suicidal". It began with a woman in old fashioned, dark, clothing examining glass objects. Seriously. I'm here to watch a woman look at glass. There was cool music, there were very cool projection of the glass' reflections, but why? Why are you looking at glass? Is there some beauty of everyday life that I'm missing here? No. There's no beauty in boredom.

Then a man crept in front of the audience and stepped on to the stage. At first I thought it was by accident. He was dressed modernly, he was energetic (unlike the woman); he brought a much-needed clash to the dull stasis. He interacted (wordlessly- no talking anywhere in this show) with the woman awkwardly, an exaggerated portrayal of the ever-existing awkwardness between men and women. She was fascinated by him, and that was fun to watch. Then, he put on music and began to dance with her. She didn't have a clue how to dance and the audience found it hilarious. It was like he was corrupting her, and corruption isn't necessarily a bad thing. I suppose someone always gets corrupted in relationships.

That was all that happened. There was intermission, and then there was another silent performance. This one involved three characters, and I'm not even going to try to critique it because I honestly had no clue what was going on. The audience, once again found it hilarious, though.

I think it was the overall concept and script that I had a problem with. The acting was decent, the lighting was beautifully artistic, the sound design was entertaining. I do love weird theatre, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Here's a picture of my cats.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat